You’ve downloaded an APK somewhere and you want to extract images, xml and source. For simplicity we work with appname.apk
Extract images and xml:
- Launch from command line apktool passing appname.apk as first argument, then
- appname folder will be created and there you can find xml files and images.
- Rename appname.apk in appname.zip, open it with your favorite archive manager, and extract the classes.dex file.
- In order to avoid path problem, I advice you to copy the classes.dex file in dex2jar-* folder.
- Depending your operating system, launch from command line related dex2jar script passing classes.dex as first argument.
- Then, you’ll find the executable jar file classes_dex2jar.jar in the same directory.
- Open it with jd-gui and good luck!